Recommendation – Education – Networking
Tasks and objectives
The Drilling Contractors Association (DCA Europe) was founded on 01 December 1994 by leading companies of the horizontal drilling industry as a European association. The controlled horizontal drilling method (Horizontal Directional Drilling, HDD) has established itself worldwide as a technical and economic alternative for the crossing of obstacles in the field of pipeline laying.
The aim of the association is to maintain, promote and further develop the technical standard of horizontal directional drilling at the European level. In addition, the framework conditions for the use of this comparatively young method are to be improved primarily through the use of uniform standards of quality assurance, the standardisation of approval procedures and the promotion of training, research and development.
Furthermore, the association provides an international forum for the continuous exchange of experience between HDD contractors, subcontracting companies, planners, clients and authorities.
Quality assurance in the field of HDD technology is in the foreground!
With your support we want to…
- promote the further development of small and large-scale drilling technology in the HDD sector in line with practical requirements at European level!
- ensure a continuous improvement of the lobby of the HDD industry in the public and with clients!
- to improve the representation of technical interests towards clients, authorities and other institutions!
- increase the qualification of members through education and training!
- support students at universities in their education!
- enforce the simplification of approval procedures!
- jointly offer an international platform for a continuous exchange of information and experience!
As a member we offer you…
- participation at national and international level in our committees, task groups and workshops!
- constant professional exchange with colleagues from the industry!
- free subscription to the “Technical Information” of the DCA
- exclusive and free participation in the annual DCA Members-Forum on HDD technology
- training and further education of your staff
- reduced participation in all events of the DCA (e.g. annual congress, further education courses, mud seminars etc.)
- use of the members’ areaon the DCA homepage with lots of exclusive information and offers
- a lean association structure with an European board and a management that can be reached by you at any time
- a free subscription to the DCA press journal bi-Umwelt Bau!
- a subscription to the biannual DCA newsletter with member information, current projects and news from the HDD industry!
- the permission to use the DCA logo on business papers and the internet
and much more…